Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Shoe-rific!

Today I came across something that I seriously had not considered before... I know, this sounds like I'm going to say something really profound. Unfortunately, this is about shoes, and thus, not life altering. Forgive my superficiality but this just made me go "eeee!" this morning.

So those of you that have known me for a while will nod when I say, I like a little embellishment. Be it a bow, jewel, pop of colour or some other creative method, I like a little "POW" in my step.

This morning during my obessive cruising of wedding sites (I'm really not sure what has brought this on) I discovered the most simple, yet genius way to add a little pop to my shoes without breaking the bank!

A pair of Christian Louboutins, you ask? Well, yes, but answer me this.... Have you ever seen this pair before??? I didn't think so!

I too was trying to unsolve the mystery of these never-before-seen Loubous and how a DIY bride could afford such a luxery.

Well, my queries were answered in an excerpt from the photo shoot where the bride explained that her basic nude Louboutins were accented by some jeweled shoe clips she bought on ebay!!

Shoe clips??? What are these magical things??? After a few quick searches on ebay, and later etsy, I discovered that shoe clips are much like clip on earings, for your feet! Why hadn't I thought of this before??

Never one to pass up on an excellent opportunity I have now ordered a couple samples of these "shoe clips" to try and and see how they work. Based on this experiment I may have just found my next DIY project!!

Photo courtesy of rockmywedding.co.uk

No comments: